Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Why would you date someone you didn't want to marry?"

My sister asked me what the point of dating someone was if I wasn't thinking I could marry them earlier today.  Well, lil sis, the problem is that if I only dated people I'd actually want to marry, I'd never go on a date. 

Now, since you don't know me, this is partly a function of the quality of men (and trust me, I don't go below the upper echelon) and partly a function of my standards (although I will lower them somewhat if I'm bored, although that usually just leaves me bored. hmmm...a discussion for another time).

So, what is the problem you ask?  Am I dating ogres?  Do they at least meet some of my criteria? No and yes, but I admit I have a long list.  However, it's not comprised of silly things like hair color and job but rather of the mere basics -- um, how about a sense of humor or the ability to have a conversation or just to spell words correctly or at least punctuate sentences properly?  In my opinion, most women settle too easily...maybe because of attraction (which, for me, is not purely physical and can dissipate instantaneously if a man does "ugly things") or a checklist based on things that have nothing to do with character or joie de vivre (a certain kind of job, a specific ethnicity or religion, or even mere proximity).

The problem with my list -- or any list, ladies -- is that men naturally think they meet every characteristic on your list, no matter how long.  And trust me, guys, you DO NOT.  Men like to play this game on a date: "So what do you look for in a guy/what's your type/etc?" and I'll start.  Then they'll smile, and I can hear it coming before they even utter the words: "I'm all of those things/that's me/etc."  Now, sometimes, I do have to be nice and drop some of the things from the list depending on who I'm with.  You never want to tell a man who's bald that you love a full head of hair or a short one that you have a height minimum, for example.  So, don't ever share the list.  It's always a lose-lose.

Now, as for why I would date someone I don't want to marry: why not? Too many women think they "could" marry almost every man they meet.  I expect to only want to marry one person, and I haven't met him yet.  When I do, I'll be dating someone I want to marry.  Til then, I'm enjoying life!

--Pistolera


Ladies and Gentlemen, salutations and bunda sempre

Let's begin with a favorite quote of mine...


"Baby, I was born with certain things: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to you. For me to find. You make me so happy"

That was beautiful wasn't it? A work of art, a modern day Mona Lisa with bamboo earrings.  I mean that line has probably saved more games than Mariano Rivera. It has melted more woman's hearts than Nelly's video "Tip Drill". I'm sorry, that actually melted my heart, but I digress.

Pistolera went on and on about why she is smarter than most women, like her little sister Anjinho ("little angel").  She lives life to have fun until she meets that special someone for everlasting "smoosh smoosh". Until then she goes on all of these dates and listen to men spend hours pleading their case on why they are the men who can fulfill all of her needs. "Well you know baby, I'm a secret agent who works out 10 hours a day, but I still have time to rescue kittens out of the tree and write poetry in between rap battles."

She seems so content doesn't she? I can see her on these dates thinking in her head.... haha this is me Queen Bee, having the time of my life dating these dudes and letting them down easy cause "I'm ballin." False, aka the opposite of the truth.  In reality, there's no set way to live your life.  Anjinho is just as likely to be happy  living her life on her terms as she would be living life like her big sister. As long as you're confident and don't put up with any garbage, ladies you'll be fine.  Don't be fooled by any alien with long lists who thinks they know it all.

Oh and about my favorite quote from above? It's from a world renowned womanizer who has admitted to fathering over two hundred children across the globe over three years.  That wasn't a typo, that's two hundred kids over three years, what did you do today lazy?  My point for including it? I'm sure pistolera has fallen for slick talking men just like him more than once.  But it's cool to get your own blog and deny, deny, deny.  Ninja smoke, I'm out of here.

- Darth Vader Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment